Friday, September 17, 2010

Crocheting and happy times.

Have you ever had one of those friends that manages to make every moment awkward or hilarious in some way?

If you don't or you haven't, then you're missing out on a lot of good laughs and fun times. I happen to have one right now, and she's probably the only reason I'm still going to this school (or she was at one point). She's amazing, plain and simple, and she makes my life happier.

Last night we were watching the animated movie Quest for Camelot. The storyline is basic. Excalibur, King Aurthur's sword, is stolen, and the man who stole it takes a girl and her mother hostage so that he can use them to get into Camelot. However, the girl escapes and is instructed by her mother to go to Camelot to warn the king. Rather than do that, the girl goes into the Forbidden Forest, where the sword that was stolen has been lost. There, she finds a blind hermit who saves her life. They travel together to find the sword along with a two-headed dragon and a Falcon. Together they save Camelot and everyone lives happily ever after.

Well, the girl falls in love with the blind hermit and they get knighted together (not married, knighted - no marriage in this movie, though it looks like it). At the end of the movie they kiss. Well, of course, my friend has to mention the fact that, because the guy is blind, it would have been hilarious if he had missed when he had gone to kiss her. And, of course, that train of thought led us to something less appropriate and more awkward than kissing.

Basically, she finds it funny to imagine how their marriage night/honeymoon would go since the guy is blind and can't see what he was doing. It would be funny enough if he missed her mouth while kissing, but what if he missed while doing other things...

Enough said. So, yes. We were watching a good animated movie (one of my favorites) and she managed to turn the ending into something completely hilarious. I am pretty sure our laughter was very loud and very distracting for my roommate, who was studying at the time.

In the meantime, this morning I began to look for a pattern that I can use to crochet a blanket for my friend, who is having a baby boy in January (I'm to be the godmother!). I will have a lot of fun making it, but picking a pattern and the colors to go with it is painful.

And that is what I spend my life doing, haha. Isn't it exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment