Saturday, March 8, 2014

SOS Venezuela



I play on a SIM website that is about lions and creating your own pride. We have a variety of different nationalities that are represented on the site. I wanted to share this with my friends on Facebook...


"Like many other players in Lioden, I don't live in the USA: when I first joined this Sim, I was actually amazed with the ethnical diversity and the friendliness of the LD community. I'm proud to say I belong to such a marvelous game, where people from all around the world can get along so well, no matter where they come from.

It is because of this kind nature we all seem to share, I thought of posting this thread: as I stated before, I'm not northamerican, but actually venezuelan. Some of you may have heard of the struggle my country is going through: students from all around the venezuelan states rose to protest in the name of freedom, without weapons... and our current, illegitimate leader, dictator Nicolas Maduro, sent the Guardia Nacional Bolivariana (equivalent to USA's military infantry), to arrest, SHOOT and KILL those brave students, who dared oppose him in a PACIFIC protest.

Whomever tried to give the defenseless students refuge from the GNB would be arrested or, if "necessary", killed too. Our capital city, Caracas, closed it's gates to the rest of the country AND the rest of the world, not letting anyone in or out. All the communication services were brought down or censored for good, including a colombian tv channel wich tried to broadcast what was happening. Students barricated themselves inside buildings, and the GNB used tear gas to get them out. The police, instead of protecting the civillians, joined the GNB in it's bloody pursue, and many officers have taken the chance to beat them mercilessly, almost to death. They broke our political and diplomatic ties with other countries, closing their embassies, both ours and those from the other nations. Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg...

I created this thread to inform people, to let the world know what's going on in Venezuela, how we need help, support, someone to listen to our pleas: all around the internet, wherever we can, us venezuelans are trying to raise other nations awareness of our dire situation. Like me, right now, native people from Venezuela are trying to let our voice be heard, wether we're currently living there or not, because our family and friends are still there, and we love our nation. Let everyone know Venezuela is bleeding, suffering, dying, every single day. It hasn't stopped, it won't stop until we do something: tell your friends on LD, tell your friends on school, college, work, your family, your neighbors!

I'll check this thread on a daily basis: those who support Venezuela, or want to know more about what's happening right now, feel free to post your questions and/or comments here.

SOS Venezuela."

No comments:

Post a Comment